- Is Suja Organic and Non-GMO?
Yes. Our complete line of cold-pressured beverages are USDA certified Organic. All of our products are also Non-GMO and certified by the Non-GMO project.
- I want your juices carried at my local store. How do I suggest to them that they carry it?
Visit the customer service desk at your local store and request to speak to the person in charge. You can suggest they reach out to our sales team who can be contacted at [email protected]
- What’s the environmental impact?
We maintain a low carbon footprint by sourcing locally. As a result of being organic, our farms are pesticide and herbicide-free. The containers that we provide our juices in are PETE #1 plastic bottles which are recyclable.
- Why don’t you use glass bottles? And are your plastic bottles BPA free?
For all juices, smoothies, waters and drinking vinegars plastic is a better choice for us than glass for the following reasons:
- Plastic uses considerably less energy than glass to be recycled.
- It is dramatically lighter than other bottle options, which means less fuel is used to create and deliver each bottle.
- Our method of ensuring that the product is safe from bacteria is called Cold Pressure, or HPP. This FDA approved method of pasteurization can only be done in a plastic container.
All Suja Juice bottles are 100% BPA free.
- What is Cold pressure?
At Suja, we use Cold Pressure, also known as High Pressure Processing (HPP), instead of high heat, to extend shelf life & to help maintain essential vitamins, minerals & enzymes. Head on over to ColdPressured.org
to learn more.
- Where is your production facility?
We make our juices in sunny San Diego.
- How should I store my juice?
Keep it chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to consume it.
- Why does your juice separate?
Without the use of artificial additives (which we never use!) separation in juice occurs naturally, due to the varying densities of fruits & veggies. Simply shake & enjoy!
- Why am I seeing white on the bottom of my bottle of juice?
Not to worry! This is sediment from cold pressing kale and ginger. We don’t add preservatives of any kind, so the juice tends to settle. Just shake it up and enjoy!
- Do you sponsor athletes?
At this time, we do not sponsor athletes.
- Do you offer group discounts?
If you are interested in doing a Fresh Start program with more than 8 people. please contact [email protected]
- I see that you offer "Master Cleanse" as one of your Suja Classic offerings. Do you recommend doing the Master Cleanse?
We offer Master Cleanse simply as a tasty addition to your daily lifestyle. Instead, we recommend doing one of our Fresh Start
programs, as these contain a variety of nutrient-rich juices that help reposition you for a healthy lifestyle.
- Can you freeze any of your juices or smoothies?
If you choose to freeze your Suja product, please consider the following:
- We fill our bottles to the brim so be aware that expansion may occur when freezing. We recommend putting the juice in a larger container to accommodate this.
- The shelf life of our juices is about 37-55 days, depending on the flavor. Look to see how many days are left before the expiration before you freeze your juice, and then remember to drink the product within that same time frame after thawing. For example, if there are 10 days left before your juice's expiration when you freeze it, remember to drink it within 10 days after thawing.
- Can I drink Suja after it passes the expiration date?
No, we do not recommend drinking any Suja product after it has expired.
- Do you ship nationally?
Yes! We ship all of our juices via UPS according to the following schedule:
*Delivery dates subject to change in the event of a national holiday
*We guarantee 7 days before expiration on all shipments.
- Orders placed on Monday by 5pm PST: Earliest delivery will be Thursday (same week) or you can choose any Wednesday-Friday in the following weeks.
- Orders placed on Tuesday by 5pm PST: Earliest delivery will be Friday (same week) or you can choose any Wednesday-Friday in the following weeks.
- Orders placed on Wednesday-Thursday by 5pm PST: Earliest delivery will be Tuesday (following week) or you can choose any Wednesday-Friday in the following weeks.
- Orders placed on Friday-Sunday by 5pm PST: Earliest delivery will be Wednesday (following week) or you can choose any Wednesday-Friday in the following weeks.
- Do your Kombucha's contain alcohol?
All of our Kombuchas are certified non-alcoholic which by law means that a drink must contain less than 0.5% alcohol by volume. Suja is one of only a few Kombucha producers with this certification. All naturally fermented foods and drinks have trace amounts of alcohol.
- Can my kids drink Suja?
Of course! We’ve designed the taste profiles so that kids love the juices too.
- Is Suja Kosher?
All of our products are OU certified Kosher.
- Can I drink your juices if I am a diabetic?
While you should check with your doctor first, the answer is usually “NO” because of the amount of natural sugar in the fruit that is used to make our juices. Twelve Essentials and Lemon Love and Lavenade are three low-sugar options, but we recommend consulting your doctor concerning any dietary changes.
- Can I drink Suja if I am lactose intolerant?
Of course! All Suja products are dairy-free.
- Can I drink Suja if I am on a Gluten-free diet?
Yes, again! All of our products are gluten-free.
- I’ve heard fiber is good for you and these juices don’t have much fiber.
Fiber is great for regulating and cleaning out your digestive tract. However, there is a significant energy expenditure that your body undergoes when it has to separate juice from fiber. By drinking cold-pressured juices, your body gives your digestive tract a break.
- Is your juicer the same as my blender?
Actually, they are not the same. We cold press, hydraulically. First we grind or cut the produce into a fine pulp. Then we apply thousands of pounds of pressure to the pulp extracting every ounce of juice that the fruit or vegetable has to give. This results in you receiving the most nutritional value possible. A traditional blender uses high speed to spin and often times heats the product. As a result of having the skin liquefied your body still needs to break it down to digest thereby limiting what you can quickly receive into your bloodstream.
- Does it really matter what order I drink the juices?
The order in which you consume your juices affects how you absorb, assimilate, and digest nutrients. For example, when your stomach is empty first thing in the morning, it’s able to assimilate whatever you put in it much more than if you consumed something prior. That is why we always have a nutrient dense green juice first. We also end our program with a soothing option, Blue Dream, to help you fall asleep and stay full throughout the night.
- Will I be hungry on the program?
Yes, you probably will feel some hunger in the first day or two. This is completely normal and should pass as your body acclimates to consuming liquids only. Many times, the sensation we are feeling is not true hunger. The truth is, most of us can go without solid food and be just fine. Usually, it is the feeling of an empty stomach or the ritual of eating at certain times that we mistake as hunger.
- What if I want to do a Fresh Start program that is longer than 5 days?
We recommend our Fresh Start Program for 1, 3 or 5 days. If you would like to extend it, we recommend consulting with your doctor to ensure safety.
- Do I need to do any preparation before the program?
It is recommended that you cut out alcohol, processed foods, excess salt, white flour and bread products, and refined sugar a day or two before the program and load up on fresh fruits and veggies. This will make the transition a lot easier and help jump start the process.
- Are there any side effects to the Suja Fresh Start program?
Some people experience headaches, dizziness, fatigue, and moodiness. This is completely normal. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest and know that you will soon be feeling much better.
- How many calories are in a Fresh Start program?
This varies depending on the Fresh Start you select. Our Original Fresh Start is about 1180 calories per day and our Core Fresh Start is about 880 calories per day. Please remember that these calories are calories with no additives, just the organic produce.
- Can I do the program if I am pregnant or nursing?
We don’t recommend juice only diets while you are pregnant or nursing. You should consult your doctor.
- Is it OK to exercise while on the program?
Absolutely! Exercise supports the process. Just remember if you are doing heavy exercise that you need to consume more calories to balance it. Visit our blog to find some excellent workout tips to do while doing a Fresh Start program.
- I’ve heard that our bodies naturally cleanse themselves. If this is true then why should I do the Suja Fresh Start program?
It's true that our bodies do cleanse naturally. However, by doing one of our Fresh Start programs, you not only give your body a break but you also bring balance and perspective back into your life and reposition yourself for a healthy lifestyle.
- How will I feel on the program?
While we hope that you feel great from the start, usually effects get worse before getting better. As best you can, take a “this too shall pass” mindset and increase the alkaline water to flush. You can also get fresh air, walk, move, and/or take a hot bath.
- I don’t have much time, but I’d like to do the Suja Fresh Start program. Is it useful to do it for just one day?
Absolutely! One day can be very helpful. For some, a brief Fresh Start can be a confidence-building exercise that leads to healthier habits. Others might add one day a week ongoing. It’s ALWAYS good to add more fresh, ripe, organic, plant-based food and juices and if you only have 24 hours, you’ll still reap the benefits.
- During the program can I have seltzer or sparkling water? Gum? Tea?
We recommend consuming exclusively fruit and vegetable juices and plain, pure water. However, we understand that the program can be challenging and sometimes you just need a little something. The best option is to consume decaf herbal teas. Sparkling water is ok, as long as it has no added ingredients. Gum is not recommended as it usually contains chemicals.
- What do I eat when I finish the program?
The first meals out of the program should be hydrating and light. Your digestive tract has been resting, so you don’t want to jolt it awake immediately. You want to slowly ease it back into operation. Blended smoothies, soups, and salads are all great choices. Re-introduce heavier proteins and higher fat foods slowly and one at a time over a couple days following your Fresh Start program.
- What about juicing only until dinner? I have business dinners that I need to attend, and don’t want to seem anti-social.
Many of us long-term juicers frequently "stay liquid" until dinner. Just make sure you drink enough food (blended) and juice (without fiber) so that when you sit down for dinner your hunger doesn't cause you to overeat. Most restaurants will also accommodate special diets. You can ask for a good bottled water (sans "gas"), a nice vegan soup, and a hefty salad (remember to ask them to add avocado, and other veggies you see on the menu or on the "sides"). Ask with a smile and you'll likely get a lovely, healthy meal that might even inspire your colleagues to do their own Fresh Start program!
- What are the differences between Classic, Elements & Suja? Can I do a Fresh Start program with Elements or Suja?
Classic is a convenient way to get your daily intake of fruits & veggies, Elements are available exclusively at Whole Foods Market & Suja juices are delicious, nutritious smoothies with less calories and sugars than most national brands. We recommend doing the Fresh Start Program with Classic as these juices have an emphasis on vegetables and we have especially formulated the Program to include a specified daily calorie count and nutrient profile.
- I noticed your Fresh Start program has more sugar and carbohydrates than I normally consume. Is that healthy for me?
Unlike added sugars like table sugar, agave or other sweeteners, fruits and vegetables contain natural sugars that are not linked to any adverse health effects. Unlike added sugar, when you drink cold-pressured juice you are also also absorbing the vitamins, minerals and enzymes from the fruit and vegetables. In fact, these foods are encouraged by health professionals due to their nutrient density. It is perfectly healthy to consume 180 grams of complex carbohydrates when you are doing our Fresh Start program since these carbohydrates will be your primary energy source throughout the program. Since no single food provides all of the nutrients your body needs, we recommend that you follow a balanced diet following any of our Fresh Start programs.