Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
You may have heard of the health benefits of a daily dose of Apple Cider Vinegar. They’re legit and we’re all on board! The thought of a warm shot of vinegar in the morning, however, is somewhat cringeworthy so we decided to create a more delicious dose of the ancient elixir that’s sure to tickle your tastebuds! Our new line of Drinking Vinegars were born from Suja’s obsession with nutritious cold-pressed juice and gut health. Blends of organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother still intact), plus four billion live probiotics in every bottle will leave you wondering how they taste so good! Now, if you haven’t heard why Apple Cider Vinegar is so good for you, keep on reading!
Since 400 B.C. raw Apple Cider Vinegar has been used for healing. Lately, drinking it has certainly come into vogue and we’ve been learning so much about its benefits for good reason as it powers a serious nutritional gut-health punch! Fermented beverages are all the rage because they provide gut healthy living organisms – probiotics – (plus the additional four billion live probiotics we add to each bottle) that regulate our immune system, raise our metabolism, keep our digestion humming, support our mood and brain function, assist in absorbing vitamins and critical nutrients from food, maintain a healthy weight, and more. Here are 5 ways Suja’s drinking vinegar will be your new best friend.
- Prebiotics & Probiotics in One: Apple Cider Vinegar is fermented and is considered prebiotic as well as probiotic. Our Drinking Vinegars provide all the functional health benefits associated with probiotics noted above. And with the soluble apple pectin fibers and the fiber from the cold-pressed juice, it can be considered a prebiotic as well. Prebiotics are the indigestible dietary fibers we get from food that help probiotics grow and multiply so having both PREbiotics and PRObiotics is the perfect combo! (1)
- Detox: While our liver already does a great job of cleaning our bodies regularly, there are so many toxins circulating in our world that we can use all the help we can get. The acid in Apple Cider Vinegar binds to toxins which helps with circulation and liver detox. (2)
- Immune Power: Apple Cider Vinegar helps to support a healthy immune system! (3)
- Energy: Research shows that lower pH levels lead to a lack of energy. Apple Cider Vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Plus, combating lactic acid build up in the muscles, the amino acids in Apple Cider Vinegar (along with the potassium and other enzymes it contains) assist in giving you that pick-me-up you need! (4)
- Heartburn Be Gone: Though it may sound strange to treat stomach acid with an acid (vinegar), there is research showing that Apple Cider Vinegar works by correcting low acid, thereby reducing *heartburn! (5)
Now on to the five unique flavors and functional benefits of these cold-pressed concoctions!
- Cucumber Ginger: Hydrating and refreshing in one! Cucumber is cooling for the body and ginger relieves mild digestive problems, loss of appetite, motion sickness and temporary muscle pain.
- Strawberry Balsamic: Not just for salads! Balsamic vinegar contains polyphenols & antioxidants that can protect the body and support immunity.
- Lemon Cayenne: The perfect morning pick-me-up! Cayenne adds a spicy kick that will stimulate your metabolism and the lemon juice has antioxidants and electrolytes like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Peach Ginger: Peaches deliver minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, zinc, and copper. Mixed with digestion promoting ginger, it a sweet pair!
- Hibiscus Ancho Chile: Hibiscus tea can support healthy blood pressure levels and speed metabolism, as well as improve the digestive and immune systems, and address post-exercise inflammation.
*Apple Cider Vinegar will not give relief if you have an ulcer.