Six Skin Superfoods
What’s my favorite thing about winter, you ask? …When it’s over. I promise I’m not a total Grinch – I do love cozying up by a warm fire and of course the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year, I’m just more of a summer person!
One of my not-so-favorite things about the freezin’ season is dull and dry skin that comes “mitten-in-mitten” with the colder weather. But hey, some days you just have to create your own sunshine, right? So if you’re like me and prefer having that glowing summer skin, check out these six skin superfoods to incorporate into your diet this winter!
- Vitamin C helps aid in collagen production (1)
- Contain lycopene, which stimulates skin circulation (2)
- Contain the carotenoids beta carotene & lycopene which both shield skin against UV damage (3)
- Packed with skin-protecting antioxidants and minerals potassium, carotene and manganese (4)
- High in Vitamin A, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium & Vitamin E, which aids epidermal healing (5)
- Antioxidant flavonoids reduce roughness in the skin and protect against sun damage (6)
- Full of fatty acids, vitamins & antioxidants which nourish the skin from the inside out (7)
Let it glow, let it glow, let it glow!
- http://mariamarlowe.com/2013/07/7-foods-that-provide-sun-protection/ (link no longer active)
- http://watercress.co.uk/healthy-stuff/vitamins-and-minerals (link no longer active)