Macadamia Nut Cheese Recipe
Dairy is one of the most irritating and allergenic foods for many people. It can be mucus forming and cause digestive distress. It is also highly acidic. (1) Here is a detox-friendly macadamia nut “cheese” that can be used for a variety of dishes that is oil free, raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, organic, and delicious! Rich in healthy plant based fats and protein with fresh herbs and spices, it is clean, flavorful, and satisfying. This version is a spreadable cheese perfect for flax crackers or gluten free bread, but you may add less water for a harder, chunkier consistency or more to make a dip for veggies or a ricotta consistency for lasagna. Enjoy!
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic or 1T organic garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water, as needed
1. Place the nuts in your food processor and process for 20 seconds.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except water and process for another 20 seconds.
3. Add water little by little to achieve the consistency you want!
1. Manns, H. (n.d.). Allergy Avoidance Diet. Retrieved from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=30