DIY Trail Mix
Suja Juice DIY Trail Mix
- Raw Almonds- 1 ½ cup
- Roasted Almonds- 1 ½ cup
- Raw Pecans – 1 ½ cup
- Dried Blueberries – ½ cup
- Pumpkin Seeds – 1 ½ cup
- Roasted Organic Cacao Beans -1 ½ cup (they’re an acquired taste, so please understand that they could be bitter, therefore roasting them, just like the almonds, will bring out maximum flavor)
- Dried Cherries- 1 cup
- Organic Dried Goji Berry or Wolfberry (provides maximum nutrients and antioxidants) – 1 cup (this item is expensive and very potent, so don’t overuse)
*Rule of thumb, ½ cup is a “handful.” I use 3 cups of each ingredient it yields about 6 servings, spread that out during an entire week, and you’ll have trail mix fix for a week)
- Combine Raw Almonds, Pecans, Organic Cacao Beans, Dried Cherries, Dried Blueberries, Organic Dried Goji Berry or Wolfberries into a large bow, mix well.
- To roast almonds, pecans and Cacao beans, simply toss nuts on a cookie sheet or parchment paper, turn over onto 270*F and roast for 7-10 minutes, be mindful of them, because roasting can turn to burning very quickly.
Trail mix was invented to be eaten while hiking or doing another vigorous activity. It’s lightweight, portable, and gives you the energy you need when you are feeling low throughout your day! It can pack a hefty caloric punch, especially when we mindlessly munch while sitting around a work or home. Keeping serving size to quarter- cup or less to keep this yummy snack from sneaking into the “danger food” territory. Grab some trail mix on the go to keep your taste buds satisfied throughout the day! Enjoy! 🙂