Blueberry Coconut Muffins
These blueberry muffins make for a perfect snack at any time of day – not just for breakfast! Packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries and healthy fats from 3 different coconut ingredients, these little muffins will keep you full & focused without any of the traditional processed carbohydrates and sugars that you would normally find in blueberry muffins. (1)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
Makes 12 muffins.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, coconut nectar, melted coconut oil and vanilla and combine well.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Place batter into a paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Cool and serve!
Anya Kaats & Suja Juice
1. Skerrett, Patrick. “Chefs, Nutrition Experts Give the Low-fat Muffin a Makeover – Harvard Health Blog.” Harvard Health Blog RSS. Harvard Health Publications, 12 Jan. 2012. Web. http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/chefs-nutrition-experts-give-the-low-fat-muffin-a-makeover-201201124097