Benefits of Fermented Botanicals
Fermented products have such great health benefits and have become all the rage these days! Walk in to your regular grocery store and you can now find an entire refrigerated set dedicated to fermented beverages. No longer is fermentation just being applied to milk or cabbage but we’re seeing fermented teas and vinegars like organic kombuchas drinks and tonics popping up everywhere. Those aren’t the only things that can be fermented – fermented botanicals are plants and herbs that have been fermented and offer some amazing health and nutritional benefits.
Fermented Botanicals have been shown to:
- Improve gut health
- Increase immunity
- Contain important nutrients such as B Vitamins, magnesium, zinc and organic acids
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Support digestion (4)
These botanicals are beneficial on their own so what’s the need for the fermentation of them? Well, the fermentation process helps bring out all the rich benefits and enhances your nutritional absorption! This way, you can take full advantage of the benefits that these botanicals bring.
Most popular fermented botanicals:
- Turmeric – Reduce inflammation caused by exercise (2)
- Ginger – Reduce pain and inflammation caused by exercise and boost your immune system (1)
- Ginseng – Boost energy (3)
- Ginkgo – Support cognitive functions and memory (5)
- Lemongrass – Promote healthy skin and strengthen the immune system (6)