8 Foods Women Should Eat Everyday
Us girls are special, we have unique nutritional needs! Our bodies are designed to bear children, manage work and family life, and do it all with grace and style. The best way to support your body as a woman is with superfoods: foods that optimize our health and help us stay lean and strong. One of the best ways to incorporate these superfoods is in a smoothie or in some of our Suja juices! (1)
Here are 8 of our favorites superfoods for women:
Broccoli: Great source of vitamins K, C, chromium and folic acid (1)
Chia Seeds: Top source of plant-based calcium, magnesium (2)
Avocado: High in monounsaturated fat, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to promote good skin! (3)
Goji Berries: Per ounce, they have more vitamin C than oranges and more iron than spinach. (4)
Kale: Chock full of Vitamin K, a potent bone builder (5)
Beets: Beets are a superstar at bringing blood pressure down (6)
Cacao: High source of magnesium; also rich in iron and dietary fiber (7)
Tart Cherries: One of the highest antioxidant foods around, they can help fight memory loss and cholesterol. (8)
- “27 Foods for an Active, Productive, and Healthy Brain.” Bembu. Bembu.Inc, 3 Oct. 2013. Web. http://bembu.com/brain-foods.
- Ware, M. (2015, March 26). What are the health benefits of chia seeds? Retrieved from
- Dreher, M. (2013). Hass Avocado Composition and Potential Health Effects. National Library of Medicine, 738-750. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3664913/
- “Goji Berries Contain More Vitamin C than Oranges Do.” Goji Berries Contain More Vitamin C than Oranges Do. Tibet Authentic, Inc. Essenex Inc., 1 Mar. 2012. Web. https://tibetauthentic.com/goji-info.php.
- Ware, M. (2015, June 1). Kale: Health Benefits, Uses and Risks. Retrieved August 3, 2015, from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270435.php
- Eat Your Beets – And Build A Better Brain. (2010, November 8). Retrieved August 7, 2015, from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/206916.php
- Smith, Susan. “Cacao Percentages.” – The Story of Chocolate. 2014. https://www.candyusa.com/story-of-chocolate/
- “Tart Cherries – The Best Natural Source of Powerful Antioxidant Melatonin.” Tart Cherries – The Best Natural Source of Powerful Antioxidant Melatonin. Immune Health Services.INC, 2008. Web. http://www.immunehealthscience.com/tart-cherries.html.