Are you ever in the mood to just eat with your hands?! This recipe is perfect when you feel like devouring a wrap, burrito, or sandwich because it satisfies that hand to mouth food craving while being much more nutritious (and delish!) It's grain free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, soy free, and nut free! You could also make this raw by subbing the cooked quinoa for sprouted quinoa or using coarsely ground sunflower seeds. You can use any veggies you want (sprouts! tomato! zucchini! cucumber!) so there's always an option depending on your mood.
- 2-3 Collard Leaves
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked or sprouted
- Assorted veggies of your choice
- 1/4 cup raw tahini sauce (See below)
Raw Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 Cup RAW tahini (UNROASTED! you can make your own or buy at any health food store)
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt to taste
1. Lay collard wrap flat and remove tough stem.
2. Slice avocado and place along one side of the collard green.
3. Add veggies of your choice (I used carrots and assorted bell peppers for this one)
4. Add quinoa (sprouted or cooked)
5. Add tahini sauce (use above recipe and stir the ingredients together in a bowl)
6. Fold blank side of collard over and roll wrap towards you, tucking in as you go.