Vanilla Cloud Pancakes
I love Vanilla Cloud. It is one of those drinks that makes me feel nourished, warm, and fuzzy inside. I also love these pancakes, not only because they feature Vanilla Cloud as a star ingredient, but because they are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and much lower in carbs than typical pancakes. They also have a delicious nutty flavor from the almond flour and a nice hint of spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg in this delicious coconut almond milk drink. Top them off with an amped up almond butter syrup and you are literally floating in the clouds it’s so heavenly!
For the Pancakes:
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup Suja Vanilla Cloud
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 2T coconut oil (for cooking)
For the Syrup:
- 3T almond butter
- 1T maple syrup
- Suja Vanilla Cloud (until desired consistency is reached)
For the Pancakes -
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, Suja Vanilla Cloud, and extract.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking powder to the wet ingredients, combining until mixture is uniform and smooth.
- Lightly coat a pan with coconut oil, place on medium heat, and pour ¼ cup of the batter into the heated pan.
- Cook until the pancake appears firm enough on the bottom to flip. A couple of bubbles on top usually indicates it is ready to turn. This takes approximately 3 minutes.
- With care, flip the pancake and cook for another minute or so. Repeat these steps with the rest of the batter until you have 8-9 pancakes ready to devour!
For the Syrup –
Mix together the almond butter and maple syrup in a small bowl. Add Vanilla Cloud until a pourable, syrup consistency is reached. You may also add more or less maple depending on your preferred sweetness. Feel free to experiment with other nut butters (macadamia would be delicious!)