Recipe of the Week: Vanilla Cloud Oats
I love this recipe because it is SO easy and packed with protein, healthy fats (chia seeds – omega 3s, almonds – monounsaturated, coconut – MCFAs), fiber and low glycemic carbohydrates (raw oats). The chia seeds gel up and add thickness overnight which is so unique and great for hydration and digestion! I rarely need a snack before lunch with this breakfast.
- 8 oz vanilla cloud (1/2 of one bottle)
- 1/3 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- scoop raw almond butter
- coconut flakes
- chopped almonds
- sliced banana (optional)
1. In a mason jar (or bowl), pour 8 oz. vanilla cloud over 1/3 cup gluten free oats.
2. Add the chia seeds and put in fridge overnight.
3. In the morning, stir in coconut oil and almond butter. Garnish with coconut flakes and chopped almonds. Add 1/2 sliced banana for a more filling breakfast and enjoy!