Recipe of the Week: Raw Cherry Walnut Granola Bars
This is a great recipe for an on-the go breakfast or snack packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber, Homemade Granola Bars. (1) You can make them whatever you like by switching up the nuts and fruit combo for variety. You could add dark chocolate pieces, coconut flakes, or seeds to customize based on your preference. I love these because they’re so easy, no bake, and take just a few minutes to put together with things you probably have on hand! They are also gluten free, soy free, dairy free, lactose free, and vegan if you sub honey for another sweetener of your choice (coconut nectar, agave, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup).
- 2.5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Mix the oats, cherries, and walnuts in a bowl.
2. Add the almond butter, honey, and sea salt
3. Line a baking dish with saran wrap and pour the mixture into the dish.
4. Press well evenly into the dish and refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
5. Cut into bar shapes and store in fridge until ready to enjoy!
1. Health Benefits of Almonds. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/seed-and-nut/health-benefits-of-almonds.html