Fiji Blueberry Banana Nut Muffins
There are plenty of ways to benefit from green juice, but we bet you never thought you would use it for baking! These muffins are the perfect way to start a healthy day. They offer high amounts of antioxidants from the blueberries as well as potassium and fiber from the bananas. Suja Fiji adds a touch of green to make these an even more nutritious morning option!
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups of blueberries
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of certified gluten free oat flour (you may use oats blended into a fine flour consistency)
- 1 cup of almond flour (you may use raw almonds blended into a fine flour consistency)
- 1 cup of flax meal (you may use a coffee grinder to finely grind whole flaxseeds)
- 3/4 of a cup of Suja Fiji juice
- 1/2 a cup of water
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of real maple syrup
- 2 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, mix the oat flour, almond flour, and flaxseed until well combined. Add the banana, Suja Fiji juice, water, cinnamon, honey, and maple syrup. Blend until a batter is formed and transfer the batter to a mixing bowl. Using a large spoon or spatula, mix in the walnuts and blueberries until everything is evenly combined. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter into a muffin tray, either lined with cupcake liners or greased with coconut oil. Bake the muffins for 32-40 minutes, or until you are able to poke a knife through the center of a muffin and it comes out clean. Enjoy!