There are plenty of ways to benefit from green juice, but we bet you never thought you would use it for baking! These muffins are the perfect way to start a healthy day. They offer high amounts of antioxidants from the blueberries as well as potassium and fiber from the bananas. Suja Fiji adds a touch of green to make these an even more nutritious morning option!
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups of blueberries
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of certified gluten free oat flour (you may use oats blended into a fine flour consistency)
- 1 cup of almond flour (you may use raw almonds blended into a fine flour consistency)
- 1 cup of flax meal (you may use a coffee grinder to finely grind whole flaxseeds)
- 3/4 of a cup of Suja Fiji juice
- 1/2 a cup of water
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of real maple syrup
- 2 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, mix the oat flour, almond flour, and flaxseed until well combined. Add the banana, Suja Fiji juice, water, cinnamon, honey, and maple syrup. Blend until a batter is formed and transfer the batter to a mixing bowl. Using a large spoon or spatula, mix in the walnuts and blueberries until everything is evenly combined. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter into a muffin tray, either lined with cupcake liners or greased with coconut oil. Bake the muffins for 32-40 minutes, or until you are able to poke a knife through the center of a muffin and it comes out clean. Enjoy!