Annie’s Cleanse Friendly Workout Tips
Physical activity is a wonderful thing to incorporate during a juice cleanse. What is the difference between light exercise and too much? Here are a few guidelines to help you navigate your way to a safe and healthy activity plan while cleansing:
- Choose your favorite exercise and cut the intensity and duration by half. Are you a runner? Cut your 5-mile tempo run to a 2.5 mile jog. Love to walk like me? Switch out your hour-long power walk for a 30-minute moderate pace walk.
- Try something new. This is a great time to take advantage of more gentle forms of exercise like yoga, swimming, dancing, or biking. Your body will appreciate the change of pace and you may discover a new activity you love.
- If you are active on the cleanse and feel hungry, EAT! There is no need to deprive yourself by suffering through too great of a calorie deficit. Either incorporate and extra juice or two throughout your day or reference our website for suggested foods while cleansing. Some of these include organic fresh fruits, raw veggies, baked or steamed sweet potatoes, and avocados.
- Do not cleanse while training for a marathon or other athletic event. Your body’s protein, fat, and carbohydrate requirements are too high during this time.
- Be kind to yourself. If you are usually very active, it’s ok to take a timeout for a few days while you cleanse and give your body a chance to restore and rejuvenate. You will return to your normal habits energized and motivated to move your body and treat it well. Walk on, Annie
– Annie Lawless